The respiratory system consists of specific organisms and structures that take care of exchange of gas. It is responsible for inhaling of oxygen and exhaling of carbon dioxide. To sustain itself, the human body needs oxygen. Decrease in oxygen can be fatal as brain cells begin to die leading to brain damage and extremely death. The area of the medicine which deals with the health of the respiratory system is known as Pulmonology. As the problem happening can be critical, it is important for you to get treated by the best pulmonolgy hospital.
The respiratory system includes the organs that help you breathe. There are three major parts of this system – airway, lungs and respiratory muscles. The airway includes nose, mouth, pharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi, alveoli etc. Pulmonary Rehabilitation Specialists takes care of the following things –
- Interstitial lung disease which focuses on lung diseases marked by persistent inflammation and scarring.
- Multidisciplinary care to treat airway disorders, lung cancer and pleura diseases which come under interventional pulmonology.
- Obstructive lung disease which involves airway narrowing or obstruction.
- Sleep disordered breathing.
Sleep disorder treatment is given for the changes in sleeping patterns or habits that negatively affects our health. They are a group of conditions that affect the ability to sleep well on a regular and daily basis. Most people experience problems in sleeping occasion due to work related stress or illness but when these issues occur on a regular basis and interfere with daily life, they may indicate a sleeping disorder.
Sleep disorder treatment specialists identifies the symptoms of another medical or mental health condition. These problems go away once treatment of the underlying issue is obtained. If left untreated, the negative effects of sleep disorders can lead to further health consequences. Some symptoms are as follows –
- Difficulty in falling or staying asleep. No matter how lethargic or tired you are, you will not be able to sleep.
- There is daytime fatigue which will not let you concentrate in the work.
- There are strong urges to take naps during the day to complete the sleep.
- Lack of concentration in work due to fatigue.
Sleep disorders treatment hospitals describe the following causes for sleep disorders –
- Allergies, colds and upper respiratory infections cause sleeping difficulties. Inability to breathe through nose can also be a challenge.
- Frequent urination, also known as nocturia may disrupt sleep as you have to wake up in between of your sleep. It may be due to hormonal imbalance or diseases of the urinary tract.
- Chronic pain makes it difficult to sleep at night. It can either be due to arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, inflammatory bowel disease or lower back pain.
- Stress and anxiety is a common reason for need of sleep disorder treatment. It has a negative impact on sleep quality. Nightmares, talking etc are also frequent.
Some of the best sleep disorders treatment hospitals treat this condition by including lifestyle changes and respiratory medicines. Medicines can be given as sleeping pills, melatonin supplements, allergy or cold medication dental guard for teeth grinding etc. Lifestyle changes are made by reducing sugar intake, drinking less water during bedtime etc.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Specialists also include treatment of allergy disorders. It is a condition in which the immune system reacts abnormally to a foreign substance. In severe cases, injectable adrenaline is recommended. For some types of allergies and hay fever, allergen immunotherapy is the ideal solution.